The work, at Babcock's Devonport Royal Dockyard facility, will involve operatives providing access scaffolding and containment systems around the vessel to enable the refit work to be undertaken.
What does DRD stand for?
DRD stands for Devonport Royal Dockyard (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DRD
We have 97 other meanings of DRD in our Acronym Attic
- Decision Resource Database
- Demand Return and Disposal
- Department de Recherches-Developpement (Madagascar)
- Department of Redundancy Department
- Department of Resources Development (Western Australia)
- Dependability Requirements Domain
- Deployment Requirements Document
- Deputy Regional Director
- Design Requirement Document
- Detroit Recreation Department (Detroit, MI)
- Diagnostic Repair Drones (Farscape)
- Diet Related Disease
- Digital Repository Development (Library Of Congress)
- Direct Reading Dosimeter
- Direction des Installations de Recherche et des Déchets (French: Directorate of Research Facilities and Waste; Autorité de Sûreté Nucléaire)
- Direction des Ressources Didactiques (French: Directorate of Educational Resources; Canada)
- Director, Research Directorate (US DoD)
- Disk Resident Data
- Disposal Release Denial
- Disposal Review Date
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bryn Thomas is close to completing a major five-year contract with Devonport Royal Dockyard, which will see seven cranes worth an estimated pounds 2.
CRAWLEY, England, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OCS has recently been awarded an[pounds]8 million multi-service contract for a period of three years at Devonport Royal Dockyard, the largest naval site in Western Europe operated by Babcock Marine, where it has provided specialist cleaning services for 17 years.
The original pounds 80million price has rocketed to about pounds 160million and the redevelopment of the Trident submarine base at Devonport Royal Dockyard will not be finished until the end of this year.
A Staffordshire-based military logistics company has been taken over by DML, the owner of the Devonport Royal Dockyard.
KBR is the major shareholder in Devonport Management Limited (DML), the company that took over the Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouthin 1997 and so has the task of refitting the Royal Navy's nuclear submarines.
Clients include Leicestershire County Council, Granada and Devonport Royal Dockyard.
DALLAS, July 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Halliburton Company's (NYSE: HAL) Brown & Root subsidiary will provide project management support for the contractors' alliance to develop and upgrade the nuclear submarine refit facilities at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, England, the United Kingdom's largest submarine and warship refitting facility.