In August 1957 the Guided Weapons Development Squadron was established at Valley as a lodger unit.
What does DEVRON stand for?
DEVRON stands for Development Squadron
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of DEVRON in our Acronym Attic
- Davis Enology and Viticulture Organization (University of California, Davis)
- Defective Equipment Void of Operation
- Digital Evolution
- Diverse Emerging Vendor Outreach (San Diego, CA)
- Door Enige Vrienden Opgericht (Dutch: Founded by Some Friends; football)
- Digital Evolution Laboratory (Michigan State University)
- Developmental Opportunity
- Deputy Executive Vice President
- Development and Peace (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Distributed Extensible Virtual Reality Laboratory (UK)
- Discrete Event System
- Discrete Event System Specification
- Drivers Enhanced Vision System (aviation)
- Discrete Elastic Viscous Split Stress (fluid mechanics)
- Dringhouses Eskimo Venture Scout Unit
- Data Entry Virtual Terminal
- Developed Unnecessary Traffic (Scientology)
- Distance Education Veterinary Technology Program
- Direction des Études et de la Vie Universitaire (French: Directorate of Studies and Academic Life)
- Dee Estuary Voluntary Wardens (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NRL's flight support detachment, now designated Scientific Development Squadron (VXS) 1, maintains a fleet of specially equipped and modified NP-3D Orions capable of investigating geophysical, atmospheric, oceanographic, and multispectral sciences as well as electronics research.
Coast Guard helicopter development squadron, and participated in the testing and demonstration of the earliest helicopter rescue hoists and flew in some of the first helicopter search and rescue missions.
He was among 1,700 people, including the remaining 180 members of the Antarctic Development Squadron Six, who attended a gala ``disestablishment'' ceremony at the base Saturday.
Wright, former Executive Officer of Scientific Development Squadron ONE (VXS-1), transitioned to Commanding Officer of the unique squadron, nicknamed 'Warlocks,' during a change of command ceremony, May, 3, 2012, at the U.
CAPT Rinehart retired from the Navy Reserves after having served during World War II as a Paymaster on the USS Eldorado (AGC 11) Command Ship, seeing action at Iwo Jima and Okinawa; and during the Korean Conflict as Supply Officer Air Development Squadron VX 1 NAS Key West, Fla.
Scientific Development Squadron One (VXS-1) will continue its mission as the Naval Research Laboratory's aviation component, but now operates as its own command.
Navy and Royal Air Force helicopter development squadron, and he helped test early rescue hoists and run search and rescue missions.