The seized items included three 40mm rocket-propelled grenades, one antitank mine and one IED with detonation cord ready to use.
What does DETCORD stand for?
DETCORD stands for Detonation Cord
This definition appears somewhat frequently
- Directed Energy Technology Applications and Research
- Dendritic Epidermal T-Cell
- Dendritic Epidermal T-Lymphocyte
- Design Engineering Technical Conferences (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Digital Electronic Trim Control
- Distance Education and Training Council
- Divine Essence Teaching Coalition
- Day/Night Electro-Optical and Infared Imagery Tracker Countermeasure
- Detachment Commander
- Deep East Texas Council of Governments
- Double Edge-Triggered D-Type Flip-Flop
- Department of Education, Training and Employment (South Australia)
- Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment (Dublin, Ireland)
- Digital End To End
- DEutsche TElekom BERliner KOMmunikationssystem
- Asociación Tecnología, Ecología y Desarrollo (Peru)
- Deep East Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. (San Augustine, TX)
- Defense Technology Evaluation Code
- Département Fédéral de l'Environnement, des Transports, de l'Energie et de la Communication (French: Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications; Switzerland)
- Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications
Samples in periodicals archive:
A large section of canopy and detonation cord had wedged against his head.
They first discovered a hidden arsenal which included rocket-propelled grenades, a detonation cord, pressure plates and other components for improvised explosive devices, and seven grenade rounds.
On Friday, an agent and Mohamud drove into downtown Portland in a white van that carried six 55-gallon drums with detonation cords and plastic caps, but all of them were inert.
The explosives are buried about 50--75 feet under dirt with the exception of the detonation cord.
Troops also confiscated a cache of homemade explosives, detonation cord and blasting caps in the room where they arrested the suspected militant, the statement added.
Last month Sandoval was found not guilty on two murder charges but was demoted from specialist to private and is serving a 44-day sentence for planting a detonation cord on the body of an Iraqi.
Instead of burning, detonation cord actually explodes, which then sets off the C4.