Effective next month, anyone presenting an ID and clearing a warrant check will be released directly from the precinct with a desk appearance ticket to return to court.
What does DAT stand for?
DAT stands for Desk Appearance Ticket (summons issued to violator in lieu of arrest)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DAT
We have 232 other meanings of DAT in our Acronym Attic
- Demilitarization Alternative Technology
- Dental Admissions Test
- Département de l'Aménagement du Territoire (French: Department of Regional Planning; Luxembourg)
- Department Approved Training (Iowa)
- Department of Advanced Technology
- Deployment Action Team (JDA)
- Design Acceptance/Approval Test
- Design and Technology (various organizations)
- Design Assurance Testing
- Détachement Avancé des Transmissions (French: Advanced Signals Detachment)
- Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH (German Automobile Trust)
- Development Acceptance Test
- Development Around Transit
- Development Assist Test
- Diet As Tolerated
- Differential Aptitude Test
- Digital Analog Trunk (telecommunications)
- Digital Archive Tape
- Digital Audio Tape
Samples in periodicals archive:
The actor will be issued a desk appearance ticket for the misdemeanour, which means that he won't be jailed and will be free to travel before he's arraigned.
The police were sympathetic to us; and chances are that they will be released with desk appearance tickets in a few hours -- meaning that they will have to show up in court in a few weeks, but otherwise are free.
After being brought into custody, Lohan was quickly released with a desk appearance ticket.
The court held that the police officers' decision to detain the arrestees overnight rather than issuing desk appearance tickets (DATs) which were authorized under state law, was not objectively unreasonable.
Willis left the court room with a desk appearance ticket and returned to her East Village apartment with an unknown male friend.