Why does the Department of Veterans Affairs remove the Individual Unemployability (IU) designator when awarding 100% disability?
What does Des stand for?
Des stands for Designator
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of Des
We have 367 other meanings of Des in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Economics and Statistics (various locations)
- Department of Education and Science
- Department of Educational Studies (various schools)
- Department of Emergency Services (Australia)
- Department of Employment Services
- Department of Environmental Services (New Hampshire)
- Department of Exceptional Students (Atlanta, GA)
- Description (File Name Extension)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the testing, which lasted three days and nights, the designator was fired at various Nato-standard target arrays at specified distances.
Air Force officials encourage all Airmen to affix name, rank and service designator tapes instead of waiting for the Oct.
The SOFLAM SOFLRD is a lightweight integrated laser designator and rangefinder that provides Special Operations Forces personnel the capability to locate and designate critical enemy targets for destruction using laser-guided ordnance.
Maybe a certain version of the F-22 could have a laser designator in place of that other gear.
Sensors that have target location errors larger than 10 meters are the ground-vehicular laser locator designator (G/VLLD), first generation FLIR Bradley eyesafe laser rangefinder (BELRF) and lightweight laser designator rangefinder (LLDR).
It may even signal a break with recent tradition, and drop Cadillac's three-letter model designators for a name from Cadillac's past.
In this article, three kinds of such designators are distinguished and their semantics is discussed.