The five key components of NEAN are: The Immediate Emergency Request Device (IERD) which contacts law enforcement from a device carried by designated school officials.
What does DSO stand for?
DSO stands for Designated School Official (US Department of Homeland Security)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DSO
We have 191 other meanings of DSO in our Acronym Attic
- Deinstitutionalization of Status Offenders
- Dekalb Symphony Orchestra (Tucker, Georgia)
- Delaware Symphony Orchestra
- Delayed Service Order
- Delta Services Organisation (France)
- Delta Special Ops (gaming clan)
- Democratic Services Officer
- Denora Southern Railroad
- Departmental Security Officer (Canada)
- Deputy Supply Officer (Royal Australian Navy)
- Designated Senior Official
- Desktop Services Organization
- Detailed Science/Supplementary Objective
- Detailed Secondary Objective
- Detailed Supplementary Objective
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Deutschen Stiftung Organtransplantation (German: German Foundation for Organ Transplantation)
- Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester (German: German Symphony Orchestra)
- Development Services Office (various locations)
- Development System Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
and placed a call to a designated school official, who triggered a standard protocol for notifying media outlets and bus companies that there would be no school that day.
Notification of the following events, for instance, must be made within 21 days: student enrollment at school, start date of next term or session, student failure to enroll, dropping below full time without prior designated school official (DSO) approval, failure to maintain status or achieve completion, changes in student or dependent name and address, and certain disciplinary actions taken.