The project was funded by the Gas Research institute, with Babcock & Wilcox as the primary contractor and Reynolds Metals Co a major subcontractor Work was focused on the accomplishment of three goals: * to test commercially available natural gas burners in ceramic tube/burner assemblies tor immersed tube melters; * to verify the performance, life and ease of maintenance of commercially available ceramic tubes used in the burner/tube assemblies; * to design, build, operate and evaluate the performance of a prototype immersed tube aluminum melter Operational goals were a 1000 lb/hr melt rate, 1200 Btu/lb energy consumption, a 2% increase in metal recovery during the melting of aluminum scrap and acceptable maintenance requirements.
What does DBO stand for?
DBO stands for Design, Build, Operate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DBO
We have 36 other meanings of DBO in our Acronym Attic
- Dead Balls On (construction slang)
- Dead Blackout (theatre lighting)
- Dead Body Outline
- Death Benefit Option (insurance)
- Defined Benefit Obligation
- Demanda Bioquímica de Oxígeno (Spanish)
- Demande Biologique en Oxygène (French: Biochemical Oxygen Demand)
- Département de Biologie des Organismes (French: Department of Biology of Organisms; various locations)
- Department of Banking Operations (various locations)
- Department of Business Oversight
- Détergent Bactericide Odorant (French cleaning product)
- Deutsche Bank Offshore
- Direct Buyer Only (real estate)
- Direct by Owner
- Director of Business Operations (various organizations)
- Disability Buy-Out (insurance)
- DogsBite.Org (dog bite victims' group; Austin, TX)
- Dollar Buy Out
- Domain Bar Optimization
- Don't Bert Out
Samples in periodicals archive:
Praxair will design, build, operate, and own a state-of-the-art, large air separation unit (ASU) which is due to come on stream in 2009.
will design, build, operate, and maintain a Combined Heat and Power Plant (CHP) to serve Oregon Health & Science University's (OHSU) new River Campus in Portland, Oregon.
to design, build, operate and maintain new military family housing and community center developments at Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield in southeast Georgia.
26, 2002 Parsons announced today that the Department of Defense (DOD) has reconfirmed the selection of the Bechtel/Parsons/Washington Group team to design, build, operate, and close the Pueblo, Colorado Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant.
5 billion, AECOM companies provide the full range of services required to develop, design, build, operate and manage quality facilities and systems around the globe.
was set up in 1997 as a subsidiary to The Water Services Corporation (WSC) to design, build, operate and maintain Reverse Osmosis Plants and associated facilities in the most efficient manner, utilizing the latest technology available, while respecting and protecting the environment.
Targeted initially to Business-to-Business (B2B) hubs, Infrastructure-on-Tap eliminates the need for a company to design, build, operate and own its IT infrastructure.