Visa's encryption solution relies on the same Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES) and Derived Unique Key per Transaction (DUKPT) key management that are used to encrypt PINs today.
What does DUKPT stand for?
DUKPT stands for Derived Unique Key Per Transaction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- Deutsch Und Kommunikation (German: German and Communications; handbook)
- Deutschen UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Kommission (German: German UNESCO Commission)
- Diocese of the United Kingdom
- Duke Energy Corporation (stock symbol)
- Dunkirk (Amtrak station code; Dunkirk, NY)
- Dynamic Under Keel Clearance
- Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway (Malaysia)
- Duke Nukem 3d (game)
- Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics (information on energy producation and use)
- Direct United Kingdom Marketing (UK)
- [not an acronym] manufacturer's code for a type of military wheeled amphibious landing-craft (D means 1942, U means utility (amphibious), K means all-wheel drive, W means 2 powered rear axles)
- Design Ultimate Load (composite structures)
- Dial-Up Line (network access point via dial-up telephone/DSL lines)
- Dial-up User List
- Did You Like
- Diffuse Undifferentiated Lymphoma
- Documentation Unit Leader (various organizations)
- Drained Upper Limit (soil drainage)
- Duluth (Amtrak station code; Duluth, MN)
- Dynamic User List
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mobuyle also adds another layer of security by using unique encryption keys to protect data with Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) key management.
In addition to Marc's work on PCI-DSS at Visa, he also managed Visa's Integrated Debit platform and designed, managed and implemented Visa's Integrated Debit PIN encryption technology known as Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT).
According to IDS president Ian Donnelly, KEY-UP III modules include Triple DES (data encryption standard) compliance, Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT), and TCP/IP network interface protocols.
In addition, they have a secured upgrade path to industry standards such as Triple DES encryption, Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT), and advanced key management features used by both Excrypt(TM) and the CAT intercept processing software.
It also supports key management using either master/session or Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT).
VISA's Hardware Test Group for retail products performed a detailed review of Checkmate's ATM/Credit/Debit terminal, the CM 2001, and have certified that the Checkmate terminal successfully conforms to VisaNet's implementation of the Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) PIN encryption methodology.
The S8s support Master/Session Key operation, while the S8D supports Visa's highly-secure Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) algorithm.