Deputy returning officer, Mr Peter Ferry, sent out an emergency squad of helpers with a loudspeaker car as soon as he heard of the slip-up.
What does DRO stand for?
DRO stands for Deputy Returning Officer (Canadian elections)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DRO
We have 77 other meanings of DRO in our Acronym Attic
- Daily Report Of Obligations
- Data Readout
- Data Request Output
- Days Revenue Outstanding (medical claims)
- Decision, Risk and Operations (Columbia)
- Delay Reduction Order (an Order entered early in litigation by Colorado state courts outlining deadlines)
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Department Repair Order
- Departmental Record Officer (UK government)
- Deputy Rescue Officer
- Design Requirements Overview
- Destructive Read Out
- Detention & Removal Office (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement)
- Detention and Removal Operations (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement)
- Dielectric Resonating Oscillator
- Dielectric Resonator Oscillator
- Diesel Range Organic(s) compound(s)
- Differential Reinforcement of Other Behaviors
- Differential Ring Oscillator (semiconductor technology)
- Digital Readout
Samples in periodicals archive:
9) The rejected ballots were of two kinds: six bore marks identifying voters, contravening the Quebec Election Act, and 21 were not initialled by the deputy returning officer as the Act required.
Iqbal Qadri on the occasion said that ECP must have the authority to take disciplinary action against Returning Officers and Deputy Returning Officers.
The city's deputy returning officer Lee Adams said around 200 people were turned away at Ranmoor in Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's constituency.
Deputy returning officer Roy Jones said the count atWoodchurch Leisure Centre was already behind schedule at 12.
David Carter, the county council's deputy returning officer, said: "Warwickshire County Council is comprised of special people who are interested in helping their local areas, influencing how things are done in their localities and devoting time to their communities.
The act also specifies instructions for problematic ballots which the deputy returning officer accidentally neglected to sign prior to the vote.
SNPMSP Keith Brown, a former deputy returning officer, described the figure as a "disgrace".