The failure rate for depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA.
What does DMPA stand for?
DMPA stands for Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DMPA
We have 7 other meanings of DMPA in our Acronym Attic
- Dry Matter Production
- Dual Masters Program (various schools)
- Dual Music Player
- Duelmasterp (EverythingX, gaming)
- Dynamic Multi-Pathing
- Dynamic Multiple Parity (disk array)
- Dentin Matrix Protein 1
- 1, 3-Dimethylpentylamine Hydrochloride
- Data Management Programme Area
- Defense Medical Programs Activity
- Digital Media Professionals Association (Canada)
- Digitally-Modulated Power Amplifier (electrical engineering)
- Direct Marketing Production Agency (UK)
- Direction de la Mémoire, du Patrimoine et des Archives (French: Directorate of Memory, Heritage and Archives)
- Du Patrimoine et des Archives (French: Heritage and Archives; Department of Defense)
- N-(2,3-dimercaptopropyl)-phthalamidic acid
- Doppler Mission Performance Algorithm System
- Digital Multi-Point Bridging
- Diocesan Missionary Prayer Band (est. 1960; India)
- Digital Multi-Purpose Battle Area Course
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study of 157 drug shops in three rural districts found 124 facilities that sold depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA).
Determining the onset of menopause in older users of hormonal injectable contraceptives depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) and norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) can be challenging.
Thirteen providers indicated that they would recommend the injectable depot medroxyprogesterone acetate, while 14 said they would recommend the pill unless it was medically contraindicated.
TORONTO -- Bone mineral density loss in female adolescents receiving depot medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception was substantially or fully reversible following discontinuation of the drug, based on study results.
While depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) is a highly effective contraceptive used by millions of women, its use is associated with bone mineral density loss, raising concerns about long-term risk of osteoporosis and/or fractures.
BOSTON -- Immediate initiation of depot medroxyprogesterone acetate to adolescent and young adult women seeking the contraceptive injection resulted in higher continuation rates and substantially diminished unintended pregnancy rates at 6 months, compared with the use of alternative, short-term hormonal methods meant to bridge the period between initial request and injection at a later date, Vaughn I.
Bone mineral density in women using depot medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception.