The bottom line is that in 2008, we said the primitive water content in the lunar magmas should be similar to lavas coming from the Earth's depleted upper mantle," said Alberto Saal of Brown University in Providence,.
What does DUM stand for?
DUM stands for Depleted Upper Mantle (geochemistry)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DUM
We have 13 other meanings of DUM in our Acronym Attic
- Diplôme d'Université en Langue Pratique (French: University Diploma in Language Practice)
- Denver University Law Review (Sturm College of Law; Law journal)
- Division of User Liaison and Research Translation (US Department of Health and Human Services)
- Diplôme d'Université en Langue de Spécialité (French: University Diploma in Language Specialty)
- Deakin University Law School Admission Test
- Dublin University Lawn Tennis Club
- Duke University Linux Users Group (Durham, North Carolina)
- Dayton Urban League Young Professionals (Ohio)
- Denver Urban League Young Professionals (Denver, CO)
- Database Upgrade Manual
- Desktop Unified Messaging
- Differential Unitary Modulation
- Dorsal Unpaired Median (neurophysiology)
- du Maurier (cigarette brand)
- Detect Unintended Memory Access (open-source library)
- Drug Use Monitoring in Australia (Australian Institute of Criminology; research study)
- Duke University Museum of Art
- Deep Underwater Muon And Neutrino Detector
- Developing Urban Management And Safety (UK)
- Drexel Unix-Based Microcomputer Image Analysis System (neuroscience)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bottom line is that in 2008, we said the primitive water content in the lunar magmas should be similar to lavas coming from the Earth's depleted upper mantle," Saal said.
2005a, b), whereas incompatible-element-depleted tholeiitic lavas are ascribed to melting of the depleted upper mantle (e.