I was at 500 feet off the departure end of the runway.
What does DER stand for?
DER stands for Departure End of the Runway
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DER
We have 123 other meanings of DER in our Acronym Attic
- Dearborn (Amtrak station code; Dearborn, MI)
- Debt/Equity Ratio
- Deep Elm Records
- Defense Efficiency Ratio (baseball statistic)
- Departamento de Estradas de Rodagem (Brazil)
- Département d'Etudes des Réacteurs (French: Reactors Studies Department; nuclear energy)
- Department of Employee Relations (various locations)
- Department of Environmental Regulation
- Department of Environmental Research
- Department of Environmental Resources (formerly Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection)
- Derevnya (Russian, village; used in postal addresses)
- Descend En Route
- Design Engineering Reliability
- Designated Employer Representative
- Designated Engineering Representative (commercial airline engineers given signature authority by FAA)
- Destination Europe Resources (trademark of New World Travel, Inc.; New York, NY)
- Destroyer Escort - Radar
- Desviacion Estandar de la Media
- Deutsches Reisebüro (German Travel)
- Development Engineering Release
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first piece of tire debris was observed about 2,300 feet from the departure end of the runway according to the NTSB.
The last F-111 pulled closed almost 2 miles beyond the departure end of the runway as number one went over me for insufficient spacing.