Investigators found Mr Abhisit possibly culpable in the death of a taxi driver because he allowed troops to use war weapons and live ammunition against protesters, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tharit Phengdit said.
What does DSI stand for?
DSI stands for Department of Special Investigation (Thailand)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DSI
We have 371 other meanings of DSI in our Acronym Attic
- Defense Security Institute
- Defense Security Intelligence
- Defense Simulation Internet
- Defense Suppression Integration
- Defense System Information
- Délégation de Service Informatique (French information technology department)
- Deliberate Self Injury
- Delivered Source Instructions
- Dentistes Solidaires et Indépendants (French: United and Independent Dentists)
- Department of Safety and Inspections (Minnesota)
- Descendants Similarity Inheritance
- Design Services, Inc. (various locations)
- Destin, FL, USA (Airport Code)
- Destination Software, Inc. (est. 2001; Moorestown, NJ)
- Deutsche Schule Istanbul (German high school, Istanbul, Turkey)
- Deutsche Securities, Inc. (Deutsche Bank; Germany)
- Development Services International (various organizations)
- Development Strategy Institute (Vietnam)
- Development Studies Institute
- Developmental Science Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calling on the government to rein in Prayut, HRW said he had pressured the Justice Ministry s Department of Special Investigation over its probe into the deaths of more than 90 people, mostly civilians, in the 2010 unrest.
Arisman Pongruangrong, who narrowly avoided capture by police commandos in April 2010 by climbing out of the third-floor window of a Bangkok hotel, turned himself in to the justice ministry's department of special investigation (DSI after fleeing the capital in the wake of the bungled attempt to arrest him in connection with mass anti-government protests that turned deadly.
The Department of Special Investigation, the Attorney General's office and the foreign ministry agreed to send the request to Interpol to issue an alert that Thaksin is wanted on terrorism charges in Thailand," Suthep said.
The Thai News Agency (TNA) said that the arrest warrant was approved a day after Department of Special Investigations (DSI) director-general Tharit Pengdit testified and showed a video clip to the court, the Nation newspaper's website reported.
Thai Justice Minister Pirapan Salirathavibhaga has instructed the Thailand's Department of Special Investigation to wrap up the jewelry theft case before its statute of limitations expires in 2010.
The Thai police's Department of Special Investigation has ordered the country's deposed Prime Minister and his wife to return this week to hear charges of asset concealment.
Department of Special Investigations director general Sunai Manomaiudom claimed police had strong evidence that Thaksin and his wife secretly held stock through nominee companies in SC Assets Corp.