April 16, 2013 (JUBA) -- The United Nations Assistant Secretary General, Dmitry Titov, who is in charge of the rule of law and security institutions in the UN's department of peacekeeping operations is in the country to discuss with the leadership issues of peace and security in South Sudan.
What does DPKO stand for?
DPKO stands for Department of Peacekeeping Operations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of DPKO in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Press Kit (music marketing)
- Digital Product Key (software)
- Drôme Power Kite (France)
- Dual Purpose Kerosene
- Des Peres Kiosk Branch Library (Saint Louis, MO)
- Distributed and Parallel Knowledge Discovery (data mining)
- Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Debian GNU/Linux Package Manager
- Directie Personeel Koninklijke Marine (Dutch: Royal Navy Personnel Department)
- Disseminated Porokeratosis of Mibelli
- Deep Passionate Kiss On Lips
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Knowledge Screen
- Data Pulse Known Symbol Length (cryptography)
- Dong Phayayen-Khao Yai (Forest Complex; Thailand)
- Dong Phayayen-Khao Yai Forest Complex (Thailand)
- D Programming Language (computing)
- Dabur Pharma Limited (pharmaceuticals; India)
- Dauphiné Poids Lourds (French: Dauphiné Trucks)
- Dayton Power & Light Company (Dayton, Ohio)
- Dead Pixel Live (podcast)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen and the Under-Secretary General in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations in the UN, Herve Ladsous, for the first time attended an EU Defence Ministers meeting.
ISLAMABAD -- Lauding role of Pak Army in peacekeeping, Under Secretary General, UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Herve Ladsous on Wednesday said that Pakistan is the single largest troops contributor with over 9,000 men and women including 700 policemen.
Third, the UN Secretariat, especially the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), had made some progress in systematizing the organization's thinking about its operational practices during Annan's second term, which placed further constraints on Ban.
The UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations has begun planning for a mission to monitor a cease-fire, he said.
Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), consisting of about 123,000 personnel.
In addition, there are 15 other peace operations not peacekeeping guided and supported by the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), consisting of about 123,000 personnel.
The Secretary General was accompanied by the Under Secretaries-Generals for the Department of Political Affairs, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Department of Field Support and a number of other senior UN officials.