Meanwhile, an official of the Department of Meteorology said the rains were likely to continue till Monday.
What does DOM stand for?
DOM stands for Department of Meteorology (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOM
We have 132 other meanings of DOM in our Acronym Attic
- Défiscalisation Outre-Mer (French: Overseas Taxation)
- Degree of Multiprogramming
- Delete Operator Message (Netview command)
- Dental Operatory Microscope
- Deo Optimo Maximo (Latin: To God, Best and Greatest)
- Departamento de Obras Municipais (Portuguese: Department of Municipal Works)
- Departements d'Outremer (French: Overseas Counties)
- Départment d'Outre-Mer (French Overseas Department, similar to a territory)
- Department of Management (various organizations)
- Department of Mathematics (various schools)
- Department of Mysteries (Harry Potter)
- Department Operations Manual (California Department of Corrections)
- Departmental Operations Manager
- Description, Operation & Maintenance
- Design Out Maintenance (engineering)
- Developer, Owner and Manager
- Digital Ohm Meter
- Digital Optical Module
- Digital Optical Monitoring
- Digital Output Module
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reviewers Andrew Turner from the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading and H.
Dr Syed Shahid Khan from International Islamic University Islamabad will speak on 'Effect Water Pollution on Health and Environment' and Dr Mona Lisa from Department of Meteorology CIIT will speak on 'Land Slides Hazard and Environmental Intensity Scale for Azad Kashmir North-West Himalayas'.
But, the movement of the plume of ash from Eritrea to the Kingdom and the Gulf region will depend on the direction and the speed of the wind," said Mansour Almazrui, director of the Jeddah-based Center of Excellence for Climate Change Research and head of the department of meteorology at King Abdulaziz University (KAU), on Monday.
Given the enormous impact of recent climate change on various sectors of society such as agriculture, water resources and power generation, the Kingdom decided to set up the CECCR last year," said Mansour Almazroui, CECCR director and head of the department of meteorology at King Abdulaziz University (KAU) Sunday.
It will telecast weather forecast reports and bulletins throughout the day," Ahmad Abdullah Mohammad, head of the Department of Meteorology, said.
MUSCAT: Officials at the Department of Meteorology have dismissed rumours about an impending cyclone that is "supposed" to hit the Sultanate of Oman in the coming weeks.
After hitting the coast, the storm headed northeast through the central part of the country and is forecast to "abate into a moderate storm", the New Light of Myanmar newspaper said, quoting the Department of Meteorology and Hydrology.