These results indicate that varying geoengineering efforts by region and over different periods of time could potentially improve the effectiveness of solar geoengineering and reduce climate impacts in at-risk areas," says co-author Ken Caldeira, Senior Scientist in the Department of Global Ecology at the Carnegie Institution for Science.
What does DGE stand for?
DGE stands for Department of Global Ecology (Carnegie Institution for Science; Stanford, CA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DGE
We have 64 other meanings of DGE in our Acronym Attic
- Division on Globalization and Development Strategies (UN Conference on Trade and Development)
- Differential Geometry, Dynamical Systems and Applications (research group; Technical University of Catalonia; Spain)
- Dangerous Goods Driver Training (UK)
- Data-Block Group Descriptor Table
- Double-Gate Dynamic Threshold
- Délégation Générale au Développement Urbain (French: General Delegation for Urban Development)
- David Geffen Entertainment
- Delayed Gadolinium Enhancement
- Delayed Gastric Emptying
- Denis Gilman Entreprise (France)
- Department of Graduate Education (NSA grant subdivision)
- Desert Gold Exchange (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Diccionario Griego-Español (Madrid, Spain)
- Diesel Gallon Equivalent (fuel storage)
- Digital Gene Expression
- Digital Graphics Engine (Cestron Electronics, Inc.)
- Digital Ground Equipment
- Diplomate, Geotechnical Engineering (certification)
- Directeur Général des Élections (French: Chief Electoral Officer; Canada)
- Direction des Grandes Entreprises (French: Directorate of Grand Enterprises; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And a recent study from the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology suggests that this reality could be more dire than we might have predicted.
The project by researchers at Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology, with colleagues from the World Wildlife Fund and in coordination with the Peruvian Ministry of the Environment (MINAM), has paved the way for accurate monitoring of carbon storage and emissions for the proposed United Nations initiative on Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD).
The study, conducted by researchers at the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology, with colleagues from the Research Center JE-lich in Germany, appears in the on-line early edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
This has obvious implications for the public and for policy makers as we weigh the costs and benefits of different ways of mitigating climate change," said study coauthor Ken Caldeira of Carnegie's Department of Global Ecology.
In practice this could be done by shooting a fine spray of seawater high into the air, where the tiny salt particles would create condensation nucleii to form small cloud droplets," said co-author Ken Caldeira of the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology.
Instead of looking at carbon dioxide emissions only in terms of what is released inside our borders, we also looked at the amount of carbon dioxide released during the production of the things that we consume," said co-author Ken Caldeira, a researcher in the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology.
These are the conditions that will set the stage, whether species move or cope in place," said study co-author Chris Field, director of the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology.