The effort is organized by the California Department of Fish and Game to help evaluate a request by the California Abalone Association to open fishing on San Miguel, where thousands of red abalone have survived and reproduced despite a drastic decline in the population elsewhere.
What does DFG stand for?
DFG stands for Department of Fish and Game
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DFG
We have 59 other meanings of DFG in our Acronym Attic
- Det Faglige Fællesudvalg (Danish: Technical Joint Committee)
- Deutsch-Französische Forschungsgesellschaft Verdun eV (German-French research company)
- Dairy Farm Group (est. 1886)
- Data Flow Graph
- Data Fusion Group (US DoD)
- Death Fire Grasp
- Débit de Filtration Glomérulaire (French: Glomerular Filtration Rate)
- Debt Financial Group
- Découflé Frères Goudronnage (French asphalt company)
- Degenerate Fermi Gas (astrophysics)
- Dermal Fat Grafting
- Destined for Greatness
- Deutsch-Finnische Gesellschaft (German: German Finnish Society)
- Deutsch-Französisches Gymnasium (German: French-German High School)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Council)
- Difference Frequency Generation
- Digital Finishing Group (Madison Heights, MI)
- Digital Futures Group (Library of Congress)
- Diode Function Generator
- Direct Fired Gas
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 /PRNewswire/ -- The Legislature overwhelmingly approved a bill that allows inland anglers to fish with two rods, starting next year, the California Department of Fish and Game said today.
Their goal is to persuade the Department of Fish and Game to post multilingual signs on the piers warning about the dangers of eating too much fish from the bay and to force the Department of Health to test fish for the presence of toxins.
The Marine Life Protection Act, enacted in 1999, directed the Department of Fish and Game to design and manage a network of marine protected areas in order to protect marine life and habitats, and to improve recreational and educational opportunities provided by marine ecosystems.
``The situation was made even more tragic because the Department of Fish and Game didn't do more to try to save the animal without killing it.
0- 6/15/94 /CONTACT: Pete Weisser or Lanny Clavecilla of the Conservation Education Office of the California Department of Fish and Game, 916-653-6420/ CO: California Department of Fish and Game ST: California IN: SU: SG -- SF012 -- 6872 06/15/94 14:52 EDT
On Friday, January 13, 2006, the Department of Water Resources (DWR) and the Department of Fish and Game (DFG) will host signing of the inaugural publication of Bulletin 250, Fish Passage Improvement 2005.
California Department of Fish and Game officials, who still are trying to determine where the big cat came from, said trackers with the U.