Officials from the state Department of Environmental Conservation and the US Coast Guard are also overseeing the effort, he said.
What does DEC stand for?
DEC stands for Department of Environmental Conservation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DEC
We have 311 other meanings of DEC in our Acronym Attic
- Delaware Electric Cooperative
- Delta Executive Controller
- DEME Environmental Contractors
- Democratic Executive Committee (politics; various locations)
- Dépannage Entretien Chauffage (French: Heating Maintenance Troubleshooting)
- Departamento de Engenharia Civil (Portugese)
- Département d'Etudes Cognitives (French: Department of Cognitive Studies)
- Département d'Etudes des Combustibles (French: Department of Fuel Studies; Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives)
- Department Executive Committee (various organizations)
- Department of Environment and Conservation (NSW, Australia)
- Department of Environmental Control
- Department of Environmental Conventions
- Department of the Environment and Conservation
- Dépôts Électrolytiques et Chimiques (French metal processing company)
- Deratting Exemption Certificate (shipping)
- Design Error Check
- Design, Engineering and Computing
- Development and Education Committee
- Development Education Centre
- Development Experience Clearinghouse (USAID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[CS] A Department of Environmental Conservation official told Sullivan county, “We have essentially called a ‘time-out’ on the deep hydrofracking of the Marcellus Shale.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has recommended "in-tank monitoring systems," like The Verifier, stating that "electronic systems which automatically measure tank inventories and continuously record changes supply all of the information needed to perform daily reconciliations.
The Prudhoe Bay oil fields and Trans-Alaska Pipeline have caused an average of 409 spills annually on the North Slope between 1996 and 1999, says the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation.
``They were mixing sodium hydroxide, the base used in Drano, with a mild organic acid used to make paint thinner,'' said Joseph Haas, an engineer with the New York state Department of Environmental Conservation.
Presentation at the statewide management staff meeting, Division of Fish and Wildlife, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
25 miles southwest of Rochester, at the request of the Livingston County Task Force and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Task Force, USGS announced.
The issue of a "degradable" definition is being taken up in New York, where Assemblyman Gary Proud's bill would give the state's Department of Environmental Conservation authority to issue degradability standards that conform to nationally recognized criteria, where such exist.