Improving Sidewalk Shed Safety Through Better Design As part of the SAFE Scaffold & Shed Initiative, the Buildings Department, in partnership with the Department of Design and Construction and the Department of Citywide Administrative Services, will test a design prototype of a new sidewalk shed engineered to improve pedestrian safety, increase natural light on the sidewalk, and improve the streetscape around construction sites.
What does DDC stand for?
DDC stands for Department of Design and Construction (New York City)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DDC
We have 318 other meanings of DDC in our Acronym Attic
- Deep Dickollective (band)
- Deep Dynamic Compaction (geotechnical engineering)
- Defect Detection Capability
- Defense Distribution Center
- Defense Documentation Center
- Defense Documentation Center for Scientific & Technical Information
- Defensive Driving Certificate (various locations)
- Defensive Driving Course
- Delivery Distribution Center
- Demand Dependency Constraint
- Deputy District Commissioner (various organizations)
- Desert Development Center (American University, Cairo, Egypt)
- Design During Construction
- Desktop Delivery Controller (Citrix XenDesktop VDI Load Balancer)
- Desktop Developers' Conference
- Destination Delivery Charge
- Detection Data Converter
- Detector Dewar Cooler
- Detroit Diesel Corporation
- Devasarana Development Centre (Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It will be held at the NYC Department of Design and Construction at 30-30 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City, N.
4, 2001 LZA Technology a division of The Thornton-Tomasetti Group, confirms that it was hired by New York City's Department of Design and Construction on Tuesday, September 11th to aid the City's disaster response effort in the wake of the World Trade Center tragedy.
Sciame Construction; Francis Sheridan, director of Design & Facilities, NYS Correctional Services; Antonio Figueroa, Deputy Commissioner, NYC Department of Correction; Nancy Czesak, vice president, Tishman Interiors; Maureen Henegan, president, Henegan Construction; Edgar Renovales, president of NTX Interiors; and Michael Burton, Deputy Commissioner, NYC Department of Design and Construction.