San Francisco's housing stock is much older than other California cities'(housing), with buildings dating from the 19th century," said William Strawn, a spokesman for the city's Department of Building Inspection.
What does DBI stand for?
DBI stands for Department of Building Inspection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DBI
We have 96 other meanings of DBI in our Acronym Attic
- Database Integration
- Database Interface
- Davie Brown Index (personality marketing)
- Days Before Inoculation
- Deafblind International
- DeAngelo Brothers, Inc. (Hazelton, PA)
- Decibel Isotropic
- Defense Budget Issue (US DoD)
- Demon Beast Invasion (anime)
- Department of Biomedical Informatics (various schools)
- Department of Business and Innovation (Victoria, Australia)
- Desbois Botalam Industrie (French: Desbois Botalam Industry)
- Design Basis Incident
- Deutsche Bahn International (German train operator)
- Deutschen Bibliotheksinstitutes (German)
- Diffuse Brain Injury (classification)
- Direct Bilirubin
- Direct Business International (various locations)
- Dirt Bag Index
- Display & Banner, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The owner or the contractor must: * notify the Department of Building Inspection before work begins; * notify contract and subcontract bidders of any paint inspection reports before bid submittal; * post a "Lead Work In Progress" sign if containment is needed to prevent lead paint from migrating to another property, and remove it when work is complete.
The group of engineers was assembled by the Structural Engineers Association of Northern California in September of 2006 at the request of the City's Department of Building Inspection.