Previously, the opposition deputy had alleged that Uribe was responsible for the scandal involving espionage and harassment of political leaders, judges, journalists, and human rights activists carried out by the now-defunct Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (DAS), the domestic intelligence service that reported directly to the president (NotiSur, May 12, 2006).
What does DAS stand for?
DAS stands for Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (Colombian police branch)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DAS
We have 470 other meanings of DAS in our Acronym Attic
- Delay-And-Sum Algorithm
- Delegated Administration Service (Oracle)
- Délégation aux Affaires Stratégiques (French: Strategic Affairs Delegation)
- Delivery Area Surcharge
- Delphi Automotive Systems
- Demand Access Service
- Demand Access System
- Demand Assignment Signaling
- Democratic Alliance of Socialists (Canada; founded in 1989)
- Density Analysis System
- Département d'Analyse de Sûreté (French: Department of Safety Analysis; nuclear energy industry)
- Department of Administrative Services
- Department of Animal Services (various locations)
- Department of Applied Science
- Department of Arts and Sciences (various schools)
- Dependable Auto Shippers (Mesquite, TX)
- Depression and Anxiety Syndromes
- Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Design and Access Statement (architectural planning; UK)
- Designated Alteration Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
Just minutes after the official results showed that the Uribista candidate for mayor of Bogota had been soundly defeated by leftist candidate Gustavo Petro, the government announced the dissolution of the Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (DAS), the intelligence service that had a privileged position during Uribe's eight years in office (NotiSur, Nov.
Uribe also must testify before the Comision de Acusaciones of Colombia's lower house regarding electronic espionage by the Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (DAS), the intelligence service that reported directly to the president (NotiSur, May 21, 2010).