In vivo, Ara-C is transported into the cell via the human equilibrium nucleoside transporter (hENT1) and is rapidly phosphorylated by deoxycytidine kinase (dCK) to its monophosphate form, cytosine arabinoside monophosphate (Ara-CMP), which is further phosphorylated by nucleoside kinases and finally to the triphosphorylated and active form, cytosine arabinoside triphosphate (AraCTP).
What does DCK stand for?
DCK stands for Deoxycytidine Kinase (enzyme)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DCK
We have 12 other meanings of DCK in our Acronym Attic
- Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force (US DoD)
- Deutsch Chinesische Juristenvereinigung eV
- Danièle-Christine Kremer (jewelry company; Luxembourg)
- Dansk Caravan Klub (Danish: Danish Caravan Club)
- Dansk Citroën Klub (Danish car club)
- Data Center Knowledge (Lawrenceville, NJ)
- Database Connection Kit (software)
- Database Customisation Kit (Agilent)
- Death Cube K (Buckethead album)
- Democratic Choice of Kazakhstan (a reformist movement in Kazakhstan)
- Doom Construction Kit (online gaming)
- Dungey Carter Ketterer Pty. Ltd. (real estate firm; Australia)
- Delaware County Kennel Club (Pennsylvania)
- District Council of Karoonda East Murray (Australia)
- Douglas County Kansas Genealogical Society (Lawrence, KS)
- AutoCAD Dialog Control Language
- Damage Control Locker
- Data Carrier Level
- Data Compression Library (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gemzar[R] requires the enzyme deoxycytidine kinase (DCK)--manufactured within the cancer cell--to become fully activated.
CYC682 maybe particularly active in tumours with a low ratio of cytidine deaminase to deoxycytidine kinase, two enzymes involved in inactivating and activating respectively the mechanism by which CYC682 acts.
Human Deoxycytidine Kinase 2 WO96/21724 18-Jul-1996 51.