For research studies, it is not difficult to produce alternative groupings of the 26 HDL subpopulations to make the reported subfractions more similar to those produced by other analytic methods such as density gradient ultracentrifugation and gradient gel electrophoresis.
What does DGU stand for?
DGU stands for Density Gradient Ultracentrifugation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DGU
We have 19 other meanings of DGU in our Acronym Attic
- Direction Générale des Transports Terrestres (French: Directorate General of Land Transport; Bénin)
- Dangerous Goods Training Task Force (International Air Transport Association)
- Democratic Governance Thematic Trust Fund (UN Development Programme)
- Director General of Trade Unions (Malaysia)
- Downers Grove Television (Downers Grove, IL)
- Danmarks Geologiske Undersøgelse (Denmark's Geological Survey)
- Dansk Golf Union
- Dead Good Undies
- Defensive Gun Use
- Dennis Gyomber Urology (Australia)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Unfallchirurgie (German: German Society for Trauma Surgery)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Urologie eV (Duesseldorf, Germany)
- Digital Gain Unit
- Directeur Général Unique (French: Unique General Director)
- Disc Golf United
- Display Generator Unit
- Double Glazed Unit (window)
- Direction Générale de l'Urbanisme, de l'Habitat et de la Construction (French: Directorate General of Urban Planning, Housing and Construction)
- Deep Green United Kingdom Limited
- Dragon Gate USA (wrestling; Largo, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lipid rafts from HSG cells and mouse salivary gland tissues, were isolated using discontinuous sucrose density gradient ultracentrifugation method.
The VAP Test is accurate, cost effective, well-covered by insurance and standardized for lipid analysis based on its proprietary density gradient ultracentrifugation technology.
The analytical "gold standard" for measuring TG-rich lipoproteins uses density gradient ultracentrifugation (4,5).
Heterogeneity in LDL was first identified in the late 1940s in the analytical ultracentrifuge (3) and later by density gradient ultracentrifugation (DGUC) and gradient gel electrophoresis (GGE) (4,5).
Single spin density gradient ultracentrifugation method for the detection and isolation of light and heavy low density lipoprotein subfractions.