The significant increase it produces in dendritic cell potency helps place NW Bio at the cutting edge of next generation immune therapies.
What does DC stand for?
DC stands for Dendritic Cell
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DC
We have 380 other meanings of DC in our Acronym Attic
- Delivery Confirmation (US Postal Service)
- Deloitte Consulting
- Delta College (Michigan)
- Delta Conyne (kite with box kite construction and delta wing shape)
- Demand Code
- Democratic Centre (Croatia)
- Democratico Cristiano (Christian Democratic Party, Italy)
- Democrazia Cristiana (Italian: Christian Democratic Party)
- Demokratski Centar (Croatian: Democratic Centre, political party)
- Den Chief (Boy Scouts of America)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dendritic cell infiltration was more concentrated in interstitial tissues and the tumour was surrounded by infiltrated lymphocytes.
We now have greater insight into the liver's tolerance of acetaminophen toxicity and dendritic cell regulation of these toxins," he stated.
Once activated, a single dendritic cell can direct hundreds of T cells against an infectious agent.
Recent research implicates dendritic cells in the pathogenesis of psoriasis and suggests new targets for prevention and treatment, Dr.
Abstract Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma is a rare tumor that occurs mainly in lymph nodes.
We found that although the standard treatment with Flt3L for 10 to 14 days increased the percentage of circulating dendritic cells in monkeys, treatment for as little as five to seven days was as effective, if not more so, at increasing the dendritic cell count," says Pope.
By interfering with normal follicular dendritic cell function, age likely has the same effect on transmissible spongiform encephalopathies as has been observed due to dedifferentiation of follicular dendritic cells (8).