com/cgi-bin/prnh/20111212/498675 ) From La Macarena, Meta, Army, Navy and Air Force kicked off this operation in order to carry messages and gifts from relatives and friends of FARC guerrillas, inviting them to demobilize for Christmas.
What does DEMOB stand for?
DEMOB stands for Demobilize
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of DEMOB in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Entertainment Marketing and Media Excellence (Billboard award)
- Direct Entry Master's in Nursing (University of New Hampshire)
- Demonstration Reactor
- Deshler-Morris House (US National Park Service)
- Design & Engineering Methodology for Organizations (Netherlands)
- District Emergency Management Officer (Australia)
- District Emergency Management Officer (New South Wales, Australia)
- Dynamical & Evolutionary Machine Organization (Brandeis University)
- Deployment Model
- Demographic Sustainability and European Integration
- Demodulated Noise
- Design Methods Based on Nets (computer science)
- detection of envelope modulation on noise
- Discrete Element Method - Object Oriented Programming
- Direct Eye Movement Observation System
- Discrete Event Modelling on Simula (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United States continues to encourage FDLR soldiers and their dependents to demobilize and repatriate to Rwanda," Crowley said.
In July 2003, the AUC promised to demobilize by the end of 2005.
26 Kyodo A government plan to demobilize 15,000 Cambodian soldiers within this year ended Wednesday in Kompong Thom Province in central Cambodia.
18 Kyodo A government plan to demobilize 15,000 Cambodian soldiers within this year was kicked off Thursday in Kompong Chhnang Province, 75 kilometers north of the capital Phnom Penh.
We also call on the government of Sudan to disarm and demobilize any Chadian rebels on its territory now or in the future and urge their return to Chad.
We will not be able to demobilize another 10,000 soldiers.
In 2007, the project adopted a national DDR strategic plan; an initiative that called for the program to cater to those seeking to voluntarily demobilize.