However, the absence of proper travel demand management measures, bottlenecks in the road network, the benefits are getting nullified due to congestion,'' K.
What does DMM stand for?
DMM stands for Demand Management Measure (water demand; California)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DMM
We have 154 other meanings of DMM in our Acronym Attic
- Dammam (Saudi Arabia)
- Dana Mitra Maluku Foundation (Ambon, Indonesia)
- Dance Music Magazine
- Dansville and Mount Morris Railroad Company
- Data Management Module
- De Maakbare Mens (Dutch: The Artificial Human)
- Deep Mixing Method (construction)
- Delay Modulation Mark
- Delta Music Makers
- Deluxe Memory Man (Guitar Effect Pedal)
- Dense Matrix Multiplication
- Departamento de Material Móvil (Guatemalan special task force)
- Department of Museums Malaysia (est. 1993)
- Dés, Monstres et Merveilles (French: Dice, Monsters and Marvels; online gaming)
- Design E Marketing de Moda (Portuguese: Design and Fashion Marketing)
- Design Methodology Manager
- Designated Market Maker (investing)
- Diagonal Moment Matrix
- Digital Media Movement
- Digital Molecular Matter
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is important news for the West Midlands because, for the first time, there is money available to fund the Metro extensions which is not linked to demand management measures like road pricing.
Not only levels of economic development, but the nature of economic activity, geography, population density and culture all influence the effectiveness and desirability of policies affecting modal choices, infrastructure investments and transport demand management measures.
We are pleased to see that the water companies are already implementing their drought plans and are ensuring they step up their leakage control activity and other water demand management measures.
ProfBegg went on: `` If this announcement recognises the need for demand management measures then it would mean the Government was back on course in its 10-year plan.
Taylor is also the author of "Selection and Evaluation of Travel Demand Management Measures," an in-depth analysis on various means to shift demand from automobile use to mass transit that was published in Transportation Research Record 1598.
The region's seven metropolitan authorities accept that they are unlikely to win any money for public transport improvements from the Government's Transport Innovation Fund unless they are willing to experiment with demand management measures - effectively charging motorists more to use the roads at peak times.
It rejects the argument that demand management measures alone will be enough to tackle congestion problems at the North-East's traffic pinch points.