This may sound like the script for a political satire or a comedy show but in Cyprus it is for real and despite the catastrophes it has brought upon the country over the decades the delusions of grandeur and lack of a sense of perspective still reigns supreme.
What does DOG stand for?
DOG stands for Delusions of Grandeur
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DOG
We have 98 other meanings of DOG in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Overseas Filipino Workers (Philippines)
- Downtown Orlando Fashion Week (Orlando, FL)
- Diffusion Oxygenated Float Zone
- Dads of Gaming (forum)
- Daily Oral Geography (education)
- Dance Off Gracefully
- Daughters Of Godiva (interactive novel)
- Death or Glory
- Delay of Gratification
- Department Of Geography
- Department of Oil and Gas
- Depend on God
- Deployable Operations Group (USCG)
- Detroiters Out to Get John Engler
- Deutsche Olympische Gesellschaft (German Olympic Society)
- Deutsche Ophthalmologische Gesellschaft (Heidelberg, Germany)
- Diario Oficial de Galicia (Official Bulletin for Galicia Spain)
- Difference of Gaussians (filter)
- Digital Onscreen Graphic
Samples in periodicals archive:
The author put it aside to finish Delusions of Grandeur in 2010 and ultimately created a trilogy called Shattered Delusions.
Salmond has delusions of grandeur but is only a big fish in a small pond.
WORLD BOG SNORKELLING CHAMPIONSHIPS, LLANWRTYD WELLS (AUGU UST) from all peat [bar] NO, that's not delusions of grandeur, people really do come f over the globe to take part in this competition on the dense bogs of small-town Powys.
These dark weeks when winter bites have in recent campaigns always had the habit of putting the freeze on any delusions of grandeur the Bluebirds might be harbouring.
Roger is a dedicated team captain, but has delusions of grandeur.
In Vonnegut's story, Harrison Bergeron is a brilliant, massive 14-year-old freak driven to delusions of grandeur by the shackles, weights, and disfiguring uniform he is forced to wear to ensure that his abilities do not exceed anyone else's.
London, Oct 18 (ANI): The man, who was accused of punching former X Factor winner Leona Lewis at a book signing, is suffering from paranoia and delusions of grandeur, it has emerged.