In a cross-sectional study, serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DS) concentrations were measured in 981 men and 481 women, aged 11-89, yr.
What does DHAS stand for?
DHAS stands for Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DHAS
We have 3 other meanings of DHAS in our Acronym Attic
- District Health Action Plan (India)
- Division of HIC/AIDS Prevention
- Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program
- Devon Horse and Pony Sanctuary (UK registered charity)
- Dun Horse and Pony Society (UK)
- Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
- Distributed Home Agent for Robust Mobile Access (mobile wireless devices)
- Dengie Hundred Amateur Radio Society (UK)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (Lebanon, NH)
- Dantziguian Hrayr Automation Systems (Lebanon)
- Division of HIV/AIDS Services (Trenton, NJ)
- Division of HIV/AIDS-STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease; Michigan Department of Community Health)
- Doctors' Health Advisory Service (New South Wales, Australia)
- Dutch Historic Aviation Sites
- Dental Hygienists' Association of the State of New York
- Diamond Heart and Training Institute (Berkeley, CA)
- Division of Health Awareness and Tobacco (Florida)
- Darrius Heyward-Bey (American football player)
- Data Handbook
- Deadhead Brigade (online gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Human resistance to Plasmodium falciparum increases during puberty and is predicted by dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels.
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) interferes in several testosterone immunoassays, including the Roche Testosterone immunoassay (3).
20) Serum testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-SO4) were measured by solid phase competitive chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay, while sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) was measured by sandwich chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay (IMMULITE/ IMMULITE 1000 analyzer, SIEMENS Medical Solutions Diagnostics, Los Angeles, CA, 90045-6900 USA).
Nair and associates recruited 120 men and women (mean age, 69 and 70 years, respectively) with low dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) levels, defined as concentrations below the 15th percentile for normal young adults.
These samples were analyzed for follicle-stimulating hormone, leuteinizing hormone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), and testosterone.
These included dihydrotestosterone (DHT), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) and androstenedione (A).
Evidence for an association between dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and nonfatal, premature myocardial infarction in males.