For example, you might choose to degauss your hard drives in house and then send the degaussed drives to a service for the next stage, such as shredding and/or disintegration.
What does DEG stand for?
DEG stands for Degauss
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DEG
We have 62 other meanings of DEG in our Acronym Attic
- Defence Elementary Flying Training School (military flying school; UK)
- Decision-Making Evaluation Facility for Tactical Teams
- December Economic and Fiscal Update (New Zealand)
- DEtachable, Fuel, Utility Liquid Exchange System
- Diplôme d'Etudes Fondamentales Vétérinaires (French: Diploma of Veterinary Fundamentals)
- Development Education for Youth
- Drug Education for Youth
- Data Exchange Gateway
- Dave's Energy Guide (Phish song)
- Davis Energy Group (Davis, California)
- Delhaize Frères et Cie (French investment group)
- Deliciously Evil Grin
- Dépannage Entretien Gaz (French: Gas Maintenance Troubleshooting)
- Derechos Especial de Giro (Spanish: Spanish Drawing Rights)
- Design Engineering Group (various locations)
- Deutsche Edison Gesellschaft (German: German Edison Company)
- Deutsche Elasmobranchier Gesellschaft (German)
- Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft Mbh, Köln (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Zuccarini: Technically yes, but the risks will be higher with every new degauss.
Computer hard drives accepted for recycling will be demagnetized with a mobile device called a degauss machine that erases all information.
In many eases, recyclers do not have adequate equipment to properly degauss such high output media.
Fujitsu's Mag EraSURE utilizes patented rare-earth magnet technology to permanently degauss magnetically recorded information.
The Fujitsu Mag EraSURE family of products utilizes patented rare earth magnet technology to permanently degauss magnetically recorded information.
RSA attendees will have the opportunity to see live demonstrations of the Mag EraSURE P3M device, which utilizes a patented rare earth magnet technology to permanently degauss magnetically recorded information from hard disk drives.
It produces a magnetic force ranging from 5,000 to 13,000 gauss to degauss virtually any hard drive.