But they are the attacking team and it's always difficult to play against a defensive team.
What does O stand for?
O stands for Defensive Team (sports/coaching)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of O
- New Zealand Wine Society (est. 1990)
- New Zealand Wines and Spirits (est. 1871)
- New Zealand Wool Services International Ltd.
- New Zealand Wool Testing Authority Ltd.
- New Zealand Water and Wastes Association
- New Zealand Waterfront Workers' Union
- New Zealand Exchange (stock market; Wellington, New Zealand)
- New Zealand Yachts
- New Zealand Young Farmers
- Neue Zürcher Zeitung (New Zurich Times; Zurich, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I watched Rangers' match with Fiorentina in the semi-final and the most defensive team won.
The Lakers resolved to be a better defensive team than they were in giving up 112 points on nearly 60 percent shooting to Portland, which was the NBA's third-lowest scoring team coming into the game.
Defense first: In the aftermath of Friday's loss to Charlotte, center Kwame Brown declared, `` If you look on tape, we are the worst pick- and-roll defensive team in the league.
The use of the specific defensive numbers will allow the defensive team to operate any of the full-court defenses before retreating into a half-court defense.
At 5-foot-1, Quilico's agility and flexibility helped her cover a large area on the court, making Westlake a top defensive team.
Inside the restraining box, the play will be 5 on 5 and the defensive team will be wasting a player; the 5 on 5 game often allows for more movement offensively.
NHL(R) Hitz Pro also includes 100 percent NHL(R) legitimate, 23-man player rosters that bring together pro players and authentic team lines with real offensive and defensive team formations in precise correlation with each NHL(R) team.