Oral argument regarding the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is on (http://www.
What does DMA stand for?
DMA stands for Defense of Marriage Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DMA
We have 389 other meanings of DMA in our Acronym Attic
- David Milling Architects (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Dayton Microcomputer Association (Ohio, USA)
- Dead Man Anchor (independent anchor point, offshore engineering)
- Déchet Ménager et Assimilé (French: Domestic and Related Waste)
- Decines Meyzieu Athlétisme (French athletic club)
- Decision Making Authority
- Dedham Medical Associates (Massachusetts)
- Defence Manufacturers Association (UK)
- Defense Mapping Agency (former Army Map Service; later NIMA, now NGA)
- Defense Media Activity
- Degrave et Marcant Assainissement (French sanitation company)
- Delalonde Mauguio Automobiles (French automobile dealer)
- Delaware Millitary Academy (Wilmington, DE)
- Demographic Market Area
- Denver Metro Area (Colorado)
- Denver Metropolitan Area
- Dépannage Matériel Aéroportuaire (French: Airport Equipment Troubleshooting)
- Departament de Medi Ambient (Department of Environmental Issues)
- Département de Mathématiques et Applications (French: Department of Mathematics and Applications; École Normale Supérieure; France)
- Department of Management and Administration (Tallahasse, Florida, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week, Gingrich vowed to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and remain faithful to his third wife, Callista, in agreeing to the principles behind The Family Leader's controversial 14-point anti-gay marriage pledge.
10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council criticized the Senate Judiciary Committee today for its vote to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
And former Georgia congressman Bob Barr, who authored the antigay Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, has since joined gay advocates in fighting against Bush's precious Marriage Protection Amendment, because it would trample states' rights.
It discusses the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA), the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), federal definitions of family and household, and stereotypes about LGBT individuals.
On July 22, the House voted to limit federal court jurisdiction over questions under the Defense of Marriage Act.
Thirty-seven states have passed Defense of Marriage Acts, to preserve the traditional view of matrimony.
The one thing that will not defend marriage in any way is the exact thing the California Defense of Marriage Act proposes - for us to set ourselves up as judges of who may marry and who may not.