A 2006 revision of IO doctrine aimed to add defense support to public diplomacy and clarify the role of civil military operations in this arena (JP 3-13 2006).
What does DSPD stand for?
DSPD stands for Defense Support to Public Diplomacy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DSPD
We have 21 other meanings of DSPD in our Acronym Attic
- Dittons Skiff and Punting Club (UK)
- Dripping Springs Presbyterian Church (Dripping Springs, TX)
- Dublin Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Dynamically Syncronized Particle Collector Cannon for Unreal (online gaming)
- Digital Signal Processing and Communications Lab
- Délégation à la Surveillance des Pêches et au Contrôle en Mer (French: Fisheries Monitoring and Sea Control Delegation; Mauritania)
- Digital Signal Processing for Communication Systems
- Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder
- Declaration on Social Progress and Development
- Delayed Sleep-Phase Disorder
- Demonstrably Superior and Pleasingly Different (Callaway golf clubs)
- Design Scope and Planning Document
- Division for Social Policy and Development (UN)
- Division of Services for People with Disabilities (Utah)
- Domain-Specific Program Development (ECOOP Workshop)
- Delta Sierra Professional Development Consortium (California)
- Digital Signal Processor Device Driver (computing)
- Département de la Sécurité, de la Police et de l'Environnement (French: Department of Homeland Security, Police and the Environment; Switzerland)
- Digital Signal Processing Electronics
Samples in periodicals archive:
DoD has a statutory obligation to support public diplomacy, Withington said, and policy's regional offices now have primary responsibility for defense support to public diplomacy, in coordination with appropriate functional policy offices.
IO capabilities range from technical warfare means such as computer network operations and electronic warfare to more cognitive capabilities such as psychological operations and defense support to public diplomacy.