Commencing with the 1946 passage of the McMahon Act, which wrapped up the Manhattan Project and the Manhattan Engineering District to establish a civilian Atomic Energy Commission, the history covers the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project from 1947 to 1959, the Defense Atomic Support Agency from 1959 to 1971, the Defense Nuclear Agency from 1971 to 1996, and the Defense Special Weapons Agency from 1996 to 1998, which became a component of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency in 1998.
What does DSWA stand for?
DSWA stands for Defense Special Weapons Agency (US DoD; formerly Defense Nuclear Agency)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DSWA
We have 13 other meanings of DSWA in our Acronym Attic
- Disconnect Switch (various companies)
- Division of Surface Water
- Divorced Separated Widowed (marital status)
- Doctor of Social Welfare
- Doctor of Social Work
- Dolly Sods Wilderness
- Dust Storm Warning (Emergency Alert System code)
- Goodbye (Morse Code abbreviation)
- Work Space (file extension)
- Damon S. Williams Associates (Phoenix, AZ)
- Delaware Solid Waste Authority
- Deutsch Sudwestafrika (German South West Africa; modern day Namibia)
- Direct Selling Womens Alliance
- Dry Stone Walling Association (UK)
- Dry Stone Wall Association of Canada
- Dave Schultz Wrestling Club (Dave Schultz Wrestling Foundation)
- Department of Soil and Water Conservation (various locations)
- Digital Stall Warning Computer
- Disposable Solid Waste Cask
- Division of Soil & Water Conservation (state government)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two-year assignment -- known officially as the Technical Test Bed and Storage Site Security Enhancements project -- will be carried out by BNI for the Defense Special Weapons Agency and Russian Federation's Ministry of Defense between now and November 15, 1999.
In a February speech to the Defense Special Weapons Agency (DSWA), Shalikashvili noted that while the United States has the world's preeminent weapons technology, it takes second or third place - behind the United Kingdom and Israel-when it comes to force protection.
7 /PRNewswire/ -- The Defense Special Weapons Agency (DSWA), Alexandria, Virginia, has awarded a contract totaling more than $8.
Two contracts amounting to $6 million over a 36-month period have been awarded to Maxwell's Federal Division by the Defense Special Weapons Agency.
7 /PRNewswire/ -- The Defense Special Weapons Agency (DSWA), Alexandria, Virginia, has awarded a contract totaling more than $4.
He also emphasized the significance of a contract the company was awarded by the Department of Defense (DOD), which projects revenue to the company of $350,000, to conduct research for the DOD's Defense Special Weapons Agency.
Navy, Army, Air Force, and Defense Special Weapons Agency.