According to leading international defense research groups like the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), the Syrian military officially had some 325,000 active soldiers before the internal conflict escalated -- two-thirds of which were in the army.
What does DRG stand for?
DRG stands for Defense Research Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DRG
We have 114 other meanings of DRG in our Acronym Attic
- Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin Rich (Warrant album)
- Do-It-Right-First-Time (approach to design structure matrix restructuring)
- Drift (lithological term)
- Deutscher Reiter- und Fahrer-Verband (German: German Riders and Drivers Association)
- Drosophila Regulatory Factor X
- Deutsches Rheuma-Forschungszentrum (German: German Rheumatism Research Center; Berlin, Germany)
- Data Receiver Group
- Data Request Groups
- Data Retention Gated-Ground (energy reduction circuit design technique)
- David Ray Griffin (author)
- Degrees, Radians, Grads (key on scientific calculators)
- Delaware Resource Group (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Design Review Group
- Design Review Guideline (software)
- Deskin Research Group
- Détection de Rupture de Gaine (French: Detection of Fuel Failure; nuclear energy industry)
- Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft (German Empire Railway)
- Deutsche Röntgengesellschaft eV
- Development Resource Group
- Developmentally Regulated G-Protein (biomedicine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When this happens, QinetiQ, a company spun out of the UK's Ministry of Defense research group, will be ready to supply an insulating paint that will reduce the demand for heating and cooling, and thus improve the energy efficiency of homes.