Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center to lower its cost to replace the legacy Defense Meteorological Satellite Program, through the use of alternative architectures such as equipping commercial satellites with advanced meteorological sensors.
What does DMPS stand for?
DMPS stands for Defense Meteorological Satellite Program
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DMPS
We have 11 other meanings of DMPS in our Acronym Attic
- Distributed Memory Parallel Processor (computing)
- Division of Manufacturing and Product Quality (US FDA)
- Department of Mineral and Petroleum Resources (Australia)
- Depot Maintenance Parts Requirements
- Digital Private Mobile Radio
- Directorate of Manpower Planning and Recruitment (Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defense; India)
- Doctor of Metaphysical Research (Ronin Meta Research Institute)
- Digital Multi-Purpose Range Complex
- Depot Maintenance Parts Requirements List
- Deep Memorial Public School (India)
- Des Moines Public Schools (Iowa)
- Differential Mobility Particle Sizer (physics)
- dimercaptopropane sulfonate
- Dual Modular Power System
- Defense Mobilization Planning Systems Agency
- Digital Multi-Purpose Training Range
- Direct Material Price Variance
- Database Maintenance Plan Wizard (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of the study, Harris will analyze the existing Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) space and ground assets and create plans to show how each can evolve into the Weather Satellite Follow-on (WSF) to meet mission needs and lower life cycle costs.
NASA scientists derive 2012 sea ice concentration data from microwave instruments aboard Defense Meteorological Satellite Program satellites.
Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Systems Group
Our Defense Meteorological Satellite Program fleet continues to provide the critical data our forecasters and operations planners need.
Working in the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program, reservists at the 6th SOPS at Schriever collected critical weather data to aid military operations.
Highlights: * Harris is the original system developer with over 40 years of experience on the program * Company is delivering technical engineering and support for the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) ground system * Harris' expertise will ensure future sustainability of the ground system WASHINGTON & MELBOURNE, Fla.
Air Force's Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP).