DIA employs extensive analytical expertise in a number of areas such as: Foreign military and paramilitary forces, capabilities, and intentions * Proliferation of weapons of mass destruction * International terrorism * International narcotics trafficking * Information operations * Defense-related foreign political, economic, industrial, geographic, medical and health issues A major component of the Agency, the Defense Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Service, operates around the world to obtain critical pieces of the intelligence puzzle often not available from technical collection means.
What does DHS stand for?
DHS stands for Defense Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Service (US DoD)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DHS
We have 282 other meanings of DHS in our Acronym Attic
- Dead Hackers Society
- Deaf and Hearing Services
- Deafness-Hypogonadism Syndrome
- Decent Home Standard (housing guidelines; UK)
- Déchets Hospitaliers (French: Hospital Waste)
- Decontamination Hot Shop
- Decorah High School (Decorah, IA)
- Dedicated Hosting Service (computing)
- Deering High School
- Defense Highway System
- Definitive Hardware Store (IT infrastructure library)
- Degrassi High School (TV show)
- Dehydrated Hereditary Stomatocytosis
- Dekalb High School (Waterloo, Indiana, USA)
- DeKalb Historical Society
- Deland High School (DeLand, FL)
- Delay Handoff Signal
- Delta High School (various locations, USA)
- Deltona High School (Deltona, Florida, USA)
- Demographic and Health Surveys
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was also selected for an assignment with the newly formed Defense Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Service and was recognized as the Department of Defense's (DOD) expert on counter drug and counterterrorism operations.
In his last military position before retiring as an Army Major General in August 1995, General Leide was Director, National Military Intelligence Collection Center (NMICC); Director, Central MASINT (Measurements and Signatures) Office: Director, Defense Human Intelligence Service (DHS), for the Department of Defense.