Although railroaders refer to the cars by their reporting marks, the unified fleet is formally known as the Defense Freight Railway Interchange Fleet (DFRIF).
What does DFRIF stand for?
DFRIF stands for Defense Freight Railway Interchange Fleet
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Dryden Flight Research Facility
- DWS Floating Rate Fund (DWS Investments)
- Discrete Fractional Fourier Transform
- Digital Filmmaking Resource Group (Austin School of Film)
- Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (Southfield, MI)
- Datacom Reference Frame Input
- Destructive Fishing Reform Initiative (est. 1998)
- Diabetes Foundation of Rhode Island Inc. (Providence, RI)
- Downton Fall Risk Index
- Föreningen för Digitala Fri-och Rättigheter (Swedish: Society for Digital Freedom and Rights)
- Davy Faraday Research Laboratory (UK)
- Defence Food Research Laboratory (India)
- design for reverse logistics
- Distinguished Faculty Research Lecture
- doped fiber ring laser
- Dreadnought Fantasy Rowing League
- Deluxe Folding Rest Mats (Grantco product)
- Data Facility Removable Media Manager (IBM)
- Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation (UK)
- Disaster Federal Register Notice
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many thanks to all who shared rail resources: the Center for Strategic and International Studies; the Defense Freight Railway Interchange Fleet and the Rail Business Section (SDDC); Duke University Library Archives; US Transportation Museum (Ft.
SDDC manages the Defense Freight Railway Interchange Fleet, which numbers almost 2,100 rail cars, and according to Gounley, this award reflects the attention to detail by users of DFRIF rail cars.