All Army components (Active, National Guard, and Reserves), major commands, Army installations, and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) will benefit from GFEBS implementation.
What does DEFAS stand for?
DEFAS stands for Defense Finance and Accounting Service (also seen more commonly as DFAS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DEFAS
- Diplôme d'Etat Relatif aux Fonctions d'Animation (French: State Diploma on the Functions of Animation)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Fondamentales en Architecture (French: Diploma of Basic Architecture Studies)
- Direção de Emigração e Fronteras de Angola (Portuguese: Directorate for Migration and Frontiers of Angola, Luanda)
- Driver-Enriched Fuel Assembly
- Defence Ethics and Fraud Awareness Campaign (Australia)
- Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council
- Dining Facility (Army)
- Design Environment for Adaptive Computing Technology
- Dual Echo Fast Acquisition Interleaved Spin Echo (magnetic resonance)
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (Canada)
- Diverse Emergency Feedwater Actuation System
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Australia)
- Deficom Group (Belgium)
- Développement et Entreprise Formation Conseil (French: Enterprise Development and Training Council)
- Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell
- Documentary and Experimental Film Center (Iran)
- Defense Command
- Defence Contract Condition
- Defense Condition
- Defense Readiness Condition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mechanic was selected as the first director, Defense Finance and Accounting Service Omaha Field Organization in 1995.
Over the next several weeks, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service will drop the first five digits of a person's social security number from all hard copy pay statements and checks to guard against identity theft.
According to Roger Scearce, former deputy director of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (the finance and accounting services provider of the Department of Defense) and now a vice president with American Management Systems (a provider of financial management solutions to the federal government), the federal CFO is "the honest broker: the professionally-credentialled steward of the organization's resources," who provides the tools and financial information an agency needs to succeed in its mission.
A small branch of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service at Bluegrass Station was recommended for closure by the Department of Defense during the current round of base closures.
The IGT Initiative team is composed of staff from the Office of the Secretary of Defense comptroller and acquisition, technology, and logistics organizations, as well as leaders from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service is the world's largest finance and accounting operation.
Withdrawal of funds from such account shall be made only on authenticated instructions from the DoD Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).