Donald Rumsfeld, secretary of Offense, has let lapse the charter of the Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services.
What does DACOWITS stand for?
DACOWITS stands for Defense Advisory Committee On Women In The Service
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DACOWITS
We have 3 other meanings of DACOWITS in our Acronym Attic
- Diode Laser Based Differential Absorption Instrument
- Daily Average Consumption (drug reimbursement and formulary analysis)
- Digital to Analog Converter
- Department of the Army Consolidated Topographic Program
- Department of the Army Continuity of Operations Plan
- Data Correlator
- Diplomatic and Consular Officers Retired
- Documentation and Advisory Center on Racial Discrimination
- Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff
- Dreaming Art Centre of Utopia (Australia)
- Defense Department Advisory Committee on Women in the Services (US DoD)
- Day-Ahead Commitment Process (Canada)
- Defence Acquisition Change Programme (UK)
- Defense Acquisition Challenge Program
- Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention (Harvard Medical School)
- Department of the Army Civilian Police
- Deserving Airman Commissioning Program
- Digital Audio Control Protocol
- Dual Action Cleaner/Polisher
Samples in periodicals archive:
You can't just let women into [infantry units]," argues Elaine Donnelly, a former member of the Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services who now chairs the Center for Military Readiness, a conservative group that opposes women in combat.
Holly Hemphill, who was chairwoman of the Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services last year, said there was a growing consensus that making women a minority was asking for problems.