Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) www.
What does DARPA stand for?
DARPA stands for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (US DoD; aka Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DARPA
We have 13 other meanings of DARPA in our Acronym Attic
- Disaster Avoidance and Recovery Plans
- Distributional Analysis Research Program (London School of Economics; UK)
- Dopamine Agonist-Resistant Prolactinoma (biology)
- Dopamine Receptor Protein
- Downlink Advanced Receiver Performance (GSM/3GPP)
- Drug Abuse Reporting Program
- Dumbledore's Army Roleplay (gaming)
- Dynamic Adaptive Routing Protocol
- Dynamic Aircraft Route Planning in Selected Airspace (US FAA)
- Dynamic Asset Replacement Planning
- Directory Address Resolution Protocol Allocation (Nortel)
- Distributed Analysis and Research Portfolio Aggregator (Zero Hedge)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Network
- Demande d'Autorisation de Rejets et de Prélèvements d'Eau (French: Request for Authorization to Discharge and Water Withdrawals; nuclear energy industry)
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (India)
- Dynamic Army Resourcing Priority List
- Direction de l'Action Régionale et de la Petite et Moyenne Industrie (French: Directorate for Regional Action and Small and Medium Industry)
- Defense Airborne Reconnaissance Projects Office
- Differential Absolute and Relative Positioning Sensor
- Dutch Auction Rate Preferred Shares
Samples in periodicals archive:
The test was part of a program that is exploring a new way of launching small satellites into space called the Falcon Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) program, administered by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and the Air Force.
The TIA program has been developing silently at the Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), under the direction of Rear Admiral John Poindexter.
Herdman assumes leadership of a division with a portfolio of customers that includes the Space Information and Development Center in Colorado Springs; Air Force Materiel Command in Dayton, Ohio; Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and Office of Naval Research, both in Arlington, Va.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency later picked up the sponsorship of the program to aid programs looking to advance cost-effective, reliable access to space.
Other military departments and defense agencies recognized were Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
3 million contract to provide program management support and technical expertise to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Information Technology Office in Arlington, Virginia.
Panciocco joined RSIS in 2004 and has been senior vice president of the Defense Programs Division, responsible for a nationwide portfolio of customers that includes the Space Information and Development Center in Colorado Springs; Air Force Materiel Command in Dayton, Ohio; and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and Office of Naval Research, both in Arlington, Va.