Default mode networks in the brain were also influenced by the drug, and are associated with self-reflection and self-criticism.
What does DMN stand for?
DMN stands for Default Mode Network (brain area)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DMN
We have 47 other meanings of DMN in our Acronym Attic
- Disaster Mitigation and Management Unit
- Dynamic Memory Management Unit
- Don't Make Me Use This
- Deutscher Multi-Media Verband (German: German Multi-Media Association)
- Design, Materials, Manufacturing & Workmanship
- DO Multicarrier Multilink eXtensions (wireless data technology)
- Dynamic Memory Management Extension (computing)
- Dallas Morning News (newspaper)
- Data Multiplexing Network
- Decision Model & Notation
- Defective Material Notice
- Digital Milti-Network
- Dimethylnitrosamine (carcinogen)
- Discrete Memoryless Network
- Document Management Number
- Dorsal Motor Nucleus (vagus nerve)
- Dynamic Mesh Network
- Dorsal Motor Nucleus of Vagus and Nucleus Tractus Solitarius (brain parts)
- Digital Media New Algorithm (Techno Mathematical Co., Ltd.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Updated, this edition has homeostasis highlights beginning each chapter; more art, new figures, and more electron micrographs; new questions at the ends of sections; new content on the discovery of tunneling nanotubes, the default mode network, global workspace theory, the synaptic homeostasis hypothesis, and the influence of kisspeptin signals from kiss1 neurons in the control of gonadotropin releasing hormone secretion; more on innate immunity and brown fat; and online tutorials and animations and virtual physiology labs.
The scans also showed that when the default mode network was active, brain regions associated with self-monitoring and cognitive control were co-activated in experienced meditators but not novices.
25) Both the default mode network and the attention system are associated with top-down processing, a unique collaboration evident in creative problem-solving, insight, and mental simulations, with the default mode network furnishing control of the attentional system.
The interactions of two distinct and competing neural networks, the default mode network (DMN) and the task positive network (TPN), are particularly relevant to this question.
Depression Patients with depression exhibit decreased connections between areas of the default mode network and brain regions involved with emotion, motivation, and reward processing, (181) leading to the conclusion that "deficits in default mode network connectivity with the caudate may be an early manifestation of major depressive disorder.
The default mode network (DMN) in the brain is usually active when we are doing nothing, giving rise to spontaneous thoughts or 'daydreams', but is suppressed when we are focused on the task before us.
Sheline's team focused on the brain's default mode network.