I participated in a deep-sea drilling project as an undergraduate student trainee in the northwest Pacific Ocean off the coast of Japan.
What does DSDP stand for?
DSDP stands for Deep-Sea Drilling Project
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DSDP
We have 3 other meanings of DSDP in our Acronym Attic
- Double-Stranded DNA
- Department for Social Development Northern Ireland (UK)
- Dadihiye Somali Development Organisation (est. 1993; UK)
- Data Systems Design Office
- Deck Starboard Door Opened
- Deep South Dance Off (clogging)
- Den Store Danske Ordliste (Danish: Concise Danish Dictionary)
- District Social Defence Officer (India)
- District Social Development Officer (Kenya)
- Down Since Day One
- Deflect, Segment and Drop Policy (IEEE)
- Device Software Development Platform (open source; Eclipse Foundation)
- Division du Second Degré et des Partenariats (French: Division of the Second Degree and Partnerships)
- Dual Scan Document Processor (various companies)
- Data Sharing for Demographic Research (Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research)
- Down South Dog Runners (est. 2003; Florida)
- Direction de la Stratégie, du Développement et des Relations Extérieures (French: Directorate of Strategy, Development and External Relations; Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire)
- Deck Starboard Door Ramp Retracted
- Data Storage and Distribution System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Though many scientists in these countries had participated in the pre-international phase of the Deep-Sea Drilling Project, there were very few involved during the International Phase of Ocean Drilling, although some had kept themselves informed about drilling activities.
The scientists first discovered signs of this impact eight years ago when a deep-sea drilling project off the coast of Atlantic City, N.