And the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice began with humble activist roots but is now in high demand helping rural communities in Louisiana's "Cancer Alley" protect themselves from further degradation and harm at the hands of oil refineries and other heavy industry located there.
What does DSCEJ stand for?
DSCEJ stands for Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (Dillard University; New Orleans, LA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization (Cleveland, OH)
- Dansk Sol Celle Energi (Danish energy company)
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering (Bangalor, India; est.1979)
- Deep Sea Coral Ecosystems (ecology)
- Dental Simulated Clinical Exercise
- Dev Samaj College of Education (est. 1887; India)
- Digital Signage Certified Expert
- Document de Stratégie pour la Croissance et l'Emploi (French: Strategy Document for Growth and Employment)
- Duluth-Superior Car Enthusiasts
- Dynamic Susceptibility Contrast-Enhanced (magnetic resonance imaging technique)
- Depth Selective Conversion Electron Moessbauer Spectroscopy
- Desert Southwest Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit
- Department for Schools, Children and Families (United Kingdom)
- Department of State Central Files
- Destination Sectional Center Facility (United States Postal Service)
- Digital Still Camera Fujifilm
- Digital Storage Compact Flash (digital camera)
- Dispersion Slope Compensation Fiber
- Dry Standard Cubic Foot (Filtration particulate loading rate, gas physics)
- Dynamic Shortest Cube First (ordering heuristic)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are very tired," said Beverly Wright, executive director of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice at Dillard University, in New Orleans.
Lewis, assistant director of Dillard University's Deep South Center for Environmental Justice in New Orleans, Louisiana, is an avid HGTV fan who entered the giveaway each morning during the seven-week entry period.
Dillard University's Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (DSCEJ) and the United Steelworkers (USW) union announced today the kick-off of A Safe Way Back Home project, an environmental neighborhood clean up initiative and community outreach campaign.
NEW ORLEANS, May 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Who: The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice at Dillard University What: Race, Place and the Environment after Katrina: Reclaiming, Rebuilding, Revitalizing Where: JW Marriott Hotel, 614 Canal St.
Beverly Wright, director of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice at Dillard University, has honed her organization's investigative skills by working with community groups in what is known as "Cancer Alley.
Beverly Wright, who heads the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice at Xavier University in New Orleans, says she took an international delegation to Norco, and a visitor from Nigeria, where Shell's oil operations have been widely condemned and the company has been accused of culpability in the death of Ogoni environmental leader Ken Saro-Wiwa, "couldn't believe that something like this existed in the United States.
Not only did Katrina's flooding displace Wright and her family, it disrupted the relocation of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (DSCEJ) an academic and community institute she founded and has directed since 1992.