VDL Mode 2 is a dedicated data link service that can provide both air traffic control services and airline operational communications.
What does DDL stand for?
DDL stands for Dedicated Data Link
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DDL
We have 102 other meanings of DDL in our Acronym Attic
- Danse des Lettres (French animation software)
- Data Definition Language
- Data Description Language
- Data Design Laboratory
- Data Design Language
- Data Distribution List
- Data Downlink (NASA)
- Database Definition Language
- Dear Doctor Letter (pharmaceutical marketing)
- Debard-David-Le Corvec (French architecture firm)
- Delegation Of Disclosure Authority Letter
- Delicious Design League (Chicago, IL)
- Demolition Derby League
- Département de Didactique des Langues (French: Department of Language Didactics; University of Quebec at Montreal; Quebec, Canada)
- Département des Langues (French: Language Department)
- Dependable Dealers List (PEZ collectors)
- Design Data Laboratory
- Design Document Listing
- Detector Development Laboratory (NASA)
- Detergent and Decontamination Liquid
Samples in periodicals archive:
Small airports, remote ones especially, also avoid the challenges and cost of running traditional dedicated data links to FIDS.
The units awarded on this contract will include enhanced protection for operators through up-armoring of the vehicle platform and the use of remote operation capability through a dedicated data link.
38 support, allows customers to deliver faxes over the open Internet and avoid the cost of dedicated data links, regular telephone Trunking and/or related hardware.
The order is then forwarded to the appropriate cable company over a dedicated data link.
Dedicated data links from Tucson and Las Vegas branches.
TelVue determines which local cable-TV system serves the customer and forwards the order over a dedicated data link.
To ensure performance requirements are met (Quality of Service or QoS), traditional designs create a maze of multiple dedicated data links and control signals to a shared memory controller in a "star" topology.