It is usually best to put any layer transitions close to the ICs where decoupling capacitors and stitching vias already exist, but for other layer transitions, it is important to put a stitching via or capacitor for every signal transition.
What does DECAP stand for?
DECAP stands for Decoupling Capacitor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DECAP
- Distributed, Environment-Centered Agent Framework (software agent development toolkit)
- Duke Environment and Climate Action Formula (Duke University)
- Dynamique et Chimie Atmosphérique en Forêt Equatoriale (French: Dynamic and Atmospheric Chemistry in Equatorial Forest)
- Deconvolution of Coulombic Affected Linearity (mass accuracy measurement method)
- Department of Early Care & Learning (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Differential Expression Using Customized Amplification Library
- Dark Energy Camera
- Directorate of Environmental Compliance and Management (US Army)
- Dual Entry Content Addressable Memory
- Decontamination Capabilities, Chemical Units, and Teams
- Departmento de Coordinación y Asesoria de Proyectos (Spanish: Department of Project Coordinating and Advisory)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (New York City)
- Directors Equity Capital Accumulation Plan
- Deformities Contusions Abrasions Punctures, Penetrations Burns, Bleeding Tenderness Lacerations Swelling (trama signs)
- Digital ESSX Customer Administration Service
- DON (Department of the Navy) EA (Enterprise Architecture) Compliance Assessment Tool (software)
- Driver Energy Conservation Awareness Training
- Dynamic Environment Communications Analysis Testbed (US NASA)
- Dawson Energy Conservation and Technical Services (UK)
- DeBusk Enrichment Center for Academically Talented Scholars
Samples in periodicals archive:
Support alternative A / B mode directly, lower extra cost (one extra decoupling capacitor is needed) and Fast / Gigabit Ethernet environments.
They also act like a switching gate and may require decoupling capacitors to be placed nearby to reduce EMI.
The instantaneous power draw is such that the decoupling capacitors for the device cannot supply the necessary current and the supply voltage sags.
When used as a power-ground core in a multilayer PCB, ECM effectively becomes a decoupling capacitor inside the board, which can allow designers to eliminate large numbers of decoupling capacitors.
This provides a blazingly fast switching planar capacitance on the board, and it reduces the requirement for many decoupling capacitors on that particular board.
In this column we consider whether it is better to mount a decoupling capacitor on the top or on the bottom of the PCB.
PowerGrid AC exactly models irregular-shaped geometries and arbitrary locations of ports and decoupling capacitors by triangular plane resonance models.