STEPS to decommission a redundant nuclear power station in North Wales could be accelerated.
What does DECOM stand for?
DECOM stands for Decommission
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of DECOM
- Associação Portuguesa para a Defesa do Consumidor (Portugal)
- Detroit Edison Company
- Development Engineering Corporation
- Division of Economic and Community Outreach (Towson University; Towson, MD)
- Document Engineering Company, Inc.
- Dental Education in Care of the Disabled
- Designing the Commission of Tomorrow (EU)
- Diabetes Epidemiology: Collaborative analysis of Diagnostic criteria in Europe
- Defensa y Conservacion Ecologica de Intag (Ecuador)
- Departamento de Defesa Comercial (Spanish: Department of Commercial Defense: Brazil)
- Decompilation Techniques Workshop
- Doctor of Economics
- Remote Radioactive Decontamination Facility MASF
- Democratic Confederation of Nepalese Trade Unions
- DEcentralised and COllaborative production management via enterprise modeling and method Reusage
- Dependable Embedded Components and Systems (EU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The move comes after the Independent International Commission on Decommissioning said in September the UDA and its breakaway faction pledged to decommission by February -- when a long-running amnesty on giving up arms ends.
It's already costing the UK public billions to decommission and clean-up existing nuclear plants, and the misguided government push for more nuclear power stations will sting taxpayers for billions more.
The effort to decommission the world's fleet is beginning.
The NRC is acting ahead of time, and that's good," explains Martin Pasqualetti, a decommissioning expert at the University of Arizona who has advised the NRC, "But when it comes time to decommission, the public's going to stand there befuddled, saying, 'no one included us.
However, despite the apparent readiness to decommission Shippingport, which the Energy Department says is not a typical dismantling project, Pollock reports that not one of the 26 nations using nuclear power "is adequately prepared" to cope with decommissioning today.
Once these power plants or facilities have come to the end of their operational lifetime, the need to decommission and decontaminate them arises.
3 ONET Signs Contract To Decommission Kozloduy's Nuclear Reactors 42 7.