A Hong Kong, which was required in 2009 to keep noise levels below 60 decibels or face fines, the South China Morning Post reported.
What does dBc stand for?
dBc stands for Decibels (referenced to the carrier)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of dBc
We have 226 other meanings of dBc in our Acronym Attic
- Database Computer
- Database Contractor
- Dauphine Bourse Club (French: Dauphine Exchange Club; Paris-Dauphine University; France)
- David Brower Center (Berkeley, CA)
- Daytona Beach College (Daytona Beach, FL)
- DB Cooper (band)
- Deaconess Billings Clinic (Montana)
- Dead Brain Cells (Canadian Heavy Metal band)
- Death by Chocolate
- Decatur Baptist Church (Alabama)
- Décolletage, Bar Cutting (French machining company)
- Décor Béton Corse (French decorative concrete company)
- Delftsche Bridge Club (Netherlands)
- Democratic Business Council (Virginia)
- Denied Boarding Compensation
- Denton Bible Church (Denton, TX)
- Deputy Brigade Commander
- Design Basis Conditions (atomic energy)
- Design By Contract
- Design-Build Contract
Samples in periodicals archive:
He may prescribe ear drops or 10 DECIBELS: 60 DECIBELS: 80 DECIBELS: at full blast, factory (prolonged 80 decibels 85 DECIBELS: 10 DECIBELS: 150 DECIBELS: off100maway 170 DECIBELS: syringe your ears.
The unit used to measure sound is a decibel: While a whisper may be 30 decibels, and normal conversation 60 decibels, a hair dryer may be 90 decibels and a leaf blower 110 decibels.
That idea was rejected by the city council but the licence was granted on the condition that the higher frequency sounds are limited to 60 or 65 decibels depending on the time, and the lower bass frequencies do not exceed 75 decibels at any time.
The bells will be lowered to about 90 decibels, from 98, during spring break.
More experimental are roadways with two layers of porous asphalt atop the foundation, which shave another several decibels from the din, says Gijsjan van Blokland, general manager of the Dutch company M&P Consulting Engineers.
It Depends on the Decibels For steady-state noise of 85 to 103 decibels, you must wear single hearing protection, either earplugs or noise muffs.
If one is taking a walk in the country, they are likely experiencing only 20 to 50 decibels of noise - pleasant and unobtrusive.