In a historic expansion of claimants' rights, President Clinton on April 5 signed a bill into law that includes an amendment to the Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA).
What does DOHSA stand for?
DOHSA stands for Death on the High Seas Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of DOHSA in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Human Resources (various locations)
- Director of Human Resources
- Defense Occupational Health Readiness System
- Department of Health Reporting System (Australia)
- Defense Officers Housing Society
- Del Oro High School (Loomis, CA)
- Department of Health Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Occupational Health & Safety
- Desert Oasis High School (Nevada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, the bill failed for other reasons, and the fix for the Death on the High Seas Act died when the 105th Congress adjourned.