The long form of c-FLIP shares significant homology with caspase-8 (FLICE), contains an additional death effector domain, but lacks the catalytic active site of the caspases and does not have protease activity (Szperka et al.
What does DED stand for?
DED stands for Death Effector Domain (cell apoptosis)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DED
We have 85 other meanings of DED in our Acronym Attic
- Department for Education, Culture and Welsh Language (UK; formerly known as Department for Education, Culture and Welsh Language (DELLS))
- Digital Equipment Corporation, Western Research Laboratory (Palo Alto, California)
- Damage Engineering Disposition (US Navy)
- Dark Emitting Diode :-)
- Data Edits
- Data Element Definition
- Data Element Description
- Data Element Dictionary
- Data Entry Display
- Data Extraction Device
- Découpage Emboutissage du Dauphiné (French: Cutting Stamping Dauphine)
- Defect Equipment Detector (railroad)
- Defense Energy Department
- Deferred Enforced Departure (US DHS)
- Demonstration Execution Document (military new equipment/service)
- Dépannage Entretien a Domicile (French: Home Maintenance Troubleshooting)
- Department of Economic Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Analysis of the sequence of the HIP1 protein indicated that it includes a death effector domain (DED), suggesting an apoptotic function.