The Tees Valley and Durham Communication Services for Deaf and Hearing Impaired People is a free service launched to allow deaf people to book an interpreter to accompany them at appointments with GPs, opticians, dentists, hospital consultants and social services.
What does DHI stand for?
DHI stands for Deaf and Hearing Impaired
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DHI
We have 67 other meanings of DHI in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Center
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division (Minnesota)
- Department of Health and Human Services System
- Dual Handle Hand Truck
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Unit
- Daewoo Heavy Industries & Machinery Inc
- Dairy Herd Improvement
- Dakar Heure Instrument (French: Dakar Time Instrument; Sénégal)
- Danish Hydraulic Institute
- Deaf History International (Gallaudet University)
- Deck High
- Defense Hydrographic Initiative
- Department of Heavy Industry (India)
- Department of Homeland Insecurity
- Design Horizons International (Vero Beach, FL)
- Deutschen Historischen Instituts (German: German Historical Institute)
- Direct Hydrocarbon Indicator
- Direct Hygiène Industrie (French: Direct Hygeine Industry)
- Diversity Health Institute (consortium; Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Deaf and hearing impaired "The tendency is to assume that deaf people just can't communicate.
``Several counties are facing lawsuits for not complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act because their call box equipment does not meet the needs of the deaf and hearing impaired,'' Gherardi said.
Our collaboration with SignOn will allow us to provide ASL interpreters for organizations with Deaf and Hearing impaired clients and consumers throughout the nation, even in areas with infrequent needs for ASL interpreting services, or in places where interpreter resources may be scarce.
0- 5/5/94 /NOTE TO EDITORS: During a news conference, representatives of several organizations -- Pennsylvania Office for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, Self Help for Hard of Hearing People, Pennsylvania Society for the Advancement of the Deaf, and The Pennsylvania State Grange -- will discuss support services available to those with hearing disabilities.
Library Service to the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, Phyllis I.
a non-profit corporation owned and managed by deaf and hearing impaired individuals.
Davila has become an international spokesman on issues affecting the education of people who are deaf and hearing impaired.